Location, Location, Location! Where your event is held can set the tone and standard for your event. By the time you have reached this step, you should know what sort of a venue you are looking for. Remember there are multiple options, but there are a few things to keep in mind as you narrow down your selection.
- Note the maximum capacity for your potential venue
- Note the food/alcohol policies of your potential location
- Know your budget: some spaces may differ greatly in price but offer the same sort of accommodations and feel
- Finally keep in mind where your attendees are coming from. Often the proximity of a location will determine the potential attendance of a guest.
- The Wharton School Complex: includes Jon M. Huntsman Hall, Steinberg Hall-Dietrich Hall, Vance Hall, Colonial Penn Center, Lauder-Fischer Hall and the Steinberg Conference Center.
- Penn Campus: there are many resources and venues the greater Penn Campus has to offer.
- The City of Philadelphia: With hundreds of locations to choose from, Philadelphia provides the perfect setting for all sorts of events.
Please see the Wharton Operations homepage here to request space at Wharton and for our rental guidelines.
There are various locations to hold an event outside of the Wharton School—check out Penn Event Planning Site to see the possibilities.
For Policies regarding hosting outdoor events at Penn venues – click here
As one of the major metropolis cities in America, Philadelphia offers a variety of venues to hold any type of event. The University does not endorse a specific hotel chain or venue, so the search is up to you and your committee. Just keep in mind that there are numerous options off-campus too! Check out the visitphilly.com to get you started on your research. Please feel free to contact the Wharton Events team to brainstorm space venues that fit your event.