Step 4: Day of event
In order to help your event run smoothly, you should plan a schedule for the day.
Create and distribute a timeline
- A tentative schedule (who is speaking, when are they speaking, any breaks, etc.)
- Who are the main people in charge and what are their locations (e.g. who is in charge of welcoming guests, food distribution, IT help, etc.) This will hopefully enable staff to troubleshoot a problem without having to track down anyone for the right information.
- Contact Numbers: Ensure that you cellphone is listed as well as the contact information of those who can answer questions to problems that might arise (people who are listed should know that they are contacts so that they know to have their cellphones on).
- Download the Wharton Events Sample Staffing and Day Of Timeline
Your checklist of important information
- Your timeline and associated documents, including numbers you need and copies of contracts.
- Review your staffing roles with volunteers and gather event supplies
- Run through the final checklist
- Day of Checklist for Planner