Step 3: Marketing the event
Publicize the Event
- To Reach Students and Faculty:
- Use MyWharton as the appropriate means of broadcasting your message to students. The Wharton School does not send out mass emails about events, rather MyWharton is used to share events and updates via the MyWharton calendar.
- A great resource for marketing an event on campus are the digital display screens throughout the Wharton buildings. Advertise your event on the screens by submitting at least 2 weeks in advance via the Life@Wharton application
- To Reach Alumni:
- use Wharton Connect to send out emails to Wharton Alumni
- Social Media:
- Create a social media strategy Social Media Guide
- Media Outreach:
- Create a media relations strategy Media Relations Guide
- Daily Pennsylvanian: is the daily newspaper for the University, it also reaches beyond campus to Alumni and others. They publish a calendar of events, as well as run paid ads. They might also want to cover your event and publish an article.
- Publish your event for free: email the Daily Pennsylvanian (DP)
- Run an advertisement
- The Wharton Alumni Magazine: Printed and mailed to Wharton alumni they offer another means of reaching former students. Contact the Wharton Alumni Magazine: email@example.com (215.746.6509)