MarComm Web Services Update
New Navigation Structure
The Marketing and Communications team is happy to release a new navigational structure for all Wharton CMS sites. The new structure will place all navigational/menu items within a multi-tiered dropdown format available from the top navigation.
The new dropdown menus will provide the following benefits:
- Easier for a visitor to see the whole site structure by hovering over the drop-down items
- Provides a contemporary web experience for site visitors
- Will be more accessible for a variety of screen readers and for the visually impaired
Please note that this change will affect all sites on the Wharton CMS starting August 16, 2021.
If you would like to preview your site with the drop-down menu you may do so by following these steps:
- Browse to your site’s homepage (ex: https://www.wharton.upenn.edu)
- Add this text to the end of the URL: ?menu=dropdown.
- Example: https://www.wharton.upenn.edu?menu=dropdown
That will turn on the drop-down menu and turn off the fly-out side menu.
Note: using the directions above does not actually turn on drop-down menus for your site. It is only a preview and only you will see it. It also may not work as you navigate to other pages. Again, this is just a preview method.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your site is showing up with the drop-down menu in place, please fill out a support ticket and a member of the MarComm team will follow-up with you.